“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
– Henry David Thoreau
Colorado is renowned for its outstanding beauty, rugged terrain, and abundance of outdoor activities. This guide covers free camping opportunities within the Colorado mountains from the Front Range to the back country and all the spaces in between. The sites listed are accessible by car, RV, Camping trailer, or in some cases 4×4 vehicle. All of the sites are free to use and information on regulations is easy locate.
- Links to all Public sites
- Contact Numbers
- Latitude and Longitude
- Where the closest groceries and gas are locate
- Details specific to the site
The content in this guide is optimized for use on a phone or similar mobile device making it easy to travel with and difficult to forget at home.
Over 90 Free camping spots and the information you need to find many more hidden gems.
Colorado Free Camping Book – Map
How to update content on the Kindle
From time to time I will update the content of the book to correct errors, both big and small, as well as to add new content to the book. To update your version of the book you will need to complete the following steps.
- Open the kindle app on your device.
- Navigate to your Home screen and press the vertical 3 dot button
- Select remove from device
- Navigate to your library screen (The book you removed should not have a check mark on it, indicating that the book is not on the device you are using.)
- Press and hold the title for a few seconds to select it
- Press the vertical 3 dot button and select download
- Your book will re download with all the new content.