“Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity”
– John Muir
From rugged coastlines and sandy beaches to desert lowland and lush mountain valleys, California has something for everyone. This guide is designed to help you quickly and easily plan your next camping trip. It doesn’t matter if you are escaping for a weekend or living on the road, this guide will give you all the information and links you need to find a great free campsite no matter where you are exploring in California.
- Links to all Public sites
- Contact Numbers
- Latitude and Longitude
- Where the closest groceries and gas are locate
- Details specific to the site
The content in this guide is optimized for use on a phone or similar mobile device making it easy to travel with and difficult to forget at home.
198 Free camping spots and the information you need to find many more hidden gems.
California Free Camping Book – Map
How to update content on the Kindle
From time to time I will update the content of the book to correct errors, both big and small, as well as to add new content to the book. To update your version of the book you will need to complete the following steps.
- Open the kindle app on your device.
- Navigate to your Home screen and press the vertical 3 dot button
- Select remove from device
- Navigate to your library screen (The book you removed should not have a check mark on it, indicating that the book is not on the device you are using.)
- Press and hold the title for a few seconds to select it
- Press the vertical 3 dot button and select download
- Your book will re download with all the new content.