“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.”
– John Muir
The land of enchantment is poised to hold a sacred piece of your heart with its rugged mountain terrain and vast rolling deserts. Star gazers will appreciate the low population and large stretches of land between the big cities. Around each twist and turn in the road is a new fantastic place to get away from it all and get back to what’s important. When you have had your fill of the expanses of the desert you can head over to east Texas with the lure of long sandy beaches, the small islands on the intercoastal waterway, and warm winter nights. There is no shortage of nature to explore and enjoy in these two states. From the mountains and the second largest canyon in North America, to the ocean and back again this book will show you where to camp and recreate in New Mexico and Texas for free as well as some very affordable camping options.
- Links to all Public sites
- Contact Numbers
- Latitude and Longitude
- Where the closest groceries and gas are locate
- Brief details specific to the site
The content in this guide is optimized for use on a phone or similar mobile device making it easy to travel with and difficult to forget at home.
104 Free camping spots and the information you need to find many more hidden gems.
26 State operated facilities that offer exceptional value for avid campers
New Mexico & Texas Free Camping Book – Map
How to update content on the Kindle
From time to time I will update the content of the book to correct errors, both big and small, as well as to add new content to the book. To update your version of the book you will need to complete the following steps.
- Open the kindle app on your device.
- Navigate to your Home screen and press the vertical 3 dot button
- Select remove from device
- Navigate to your library screen (The book you removed should not have a check mark on it, indicating that the book is not on the device you are using.)
- Press and hold the title for a few seconds to select it
- Press the vertical 3 dot button and select download
- Your book will re download with all the new content.